So - I have blogged before about smoke.
I used now the Aladin smoke gun (I have now several pieces at the hotel and one at home) since a couple of months. This is my evaluation:
- I do think, that it is the best smoke gun in the market. Solid built, good performance...
- The smoke screens are clogging very quickly. A good way is, to scrub them with a metal sponge- this will extend the lifespan dramatically. But it is great to have them replaceable!
- A not so good solution is the ball-closure of the battery compartment and the solution of the battery compartment itself! This wouldn't take a lot to change - but it would help to prevent damages. One of my guys opened it not carefully enough and damaged the "switch contact" - nothing which cannot be fixed in a breeze (by our engineering or anyone who is average talented) - it is annoying nonetheless.
- The switch - it is not the most intuitive position, to have the switch on the bottom of the smoker!
- It would even great, to construct a smoking gun with integrated "fire starter".
- It is great to have a key tool, which can open the motor compartment and loosen the "fan, so you can clean it - however it would be better, if it would have its integrated space on the smoking gun, and would not be just attached on the foot with a piece of scotch tape.
- I think, that the acrylic glass attachment of the Aladin 007 is totally useless. I guess least of bartenders (and chefs) will use it anyway!
- Instead it would help, if they would add some cleaning brushes and maybe a small plastic atomizer to moisten the wood (like in their videos).
Don't get me wrong here - I don't mean to dismiss the appliance - totally the opposite is true. But with these points, a great piece of equipment would become a even better one.
Post a Comment